Make Seitan, the most popular wheat meat, all on your own! With our Seitan Base.
Ingredients: wheat gluten
Nutritional information per 100 g:
Energy 1786 kJ/427kcal
Protein 77,0 g
Carbohydrates 11 g
Fat 2,0 g
Mix Vegourmet Seitan Base with water and knead well. Cut the mixture in cubes, strips, or slices. and cook for 20 min in boiling water. Afterwards use to prepare steaks of goulash.
What is Seitan?
Asians have been preparing seitan from wheat flour for hundreds of years. Wheat flour is mixed with water and then the starch is rinsed out until only the gluten is left. Our Seitan Base is already pure gluten which simply needs to be mixed with water. This mixture is then boiled in a blend of soy sauce, spices and/or algae. With this process the seitan develops its consistency which is similar to meat. Depending on the moisture content it will be fluffier or grainier. With our Seitan Base you can create delicious dishes with outstanding qualities.
* meaty, without being rubbery
* great taste
* high quality source of protein
* low in fat
* very filling
* easily digested
Recipe for vegan "turkey breast"
* Crumble 100g of tofu with a fork, mix with 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, juice of one organic lemon, 125ml tamari, and 50g nutritional yeast in 250ml of water.
* Add 250g of Vegourmet Seitan Base and quickly knead into a firm ball. Cut into four pieces of equal size.
* Heat 5 tbsp of peanut oil in a pan and fry the seitan pieces.
* Sprinkle with 1 tsp of paprika and turn.
* Add 1 tsp vegetable broth powder to 1/2 cup of hot water and mix well. Pour into the pan.
* Add a sprig of rosemary, cover and simmer for 30 min.