Terms and Conditions
§ 1 Application
- The following „Terms and Conditions“ are applicable in the current version for all contracts between VEGOURMET and its customers, are valid for orders, online, per telephone, in paper form or electronic form. Deviating agreements must be made in writing. By submitting his/her order the customer agrees to these Terms and Conditions and is bound by them. < /li> Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions, due to mandatory statutory regulations (in particular the provisions of the KSchG) be totally or partly ineffective, the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall continue to be valid.
§ 2 Contract
VEGOURMET reserves the right to change the provided services at any time. All offers from VEGOURMET (brochures, catalogs, price lists, web shop ... ) are non-binding. The contract takes effect by means of the acceptance of the order by VEGOURMET, either by sending an order confirmation by post, fax or e-mail or directly by shipping of the ordered products.
§ 3 Right Of Withdrawal
- Customers who are consumers within the meaning of the Austrian Consumer Protection Act, may cancel an order within a period of seven working days (by fax, e-mail, web shop, telephone..). It is sufficient if the notice of withdrawal in writing is sent within the time limit (e.g. by e-mail),without specifying a reason.
- In the case of cancellation, a refund of the purchase price is made when the products are returned and under the condition that the goods are in unused and as new condition.
- The return shipment must be at the cost of the customer, to our headquarters in Austria. Returns sent at our cost cannot be accepted. The costs of the return are to be paid by the customer.
- A right of rescission is not applicable to goods with the deterioration, in particular perishable goods (fresh goods) or those with a short use-by-date and special offers. In addition, goods excluded are those which, at the customer's request is expressly reserved.
§ 4 Pricing
- Essentially the purchase price valid for the ordered goods, is that listed in the current prospectuses, catalogs, price lists, web shop and similar. Valid for online orders, is the price in the web shop.
- Unless otherwise stated, all price quotations are daily gross prices "from the warehouse“ including the legal sales tax, plus all expenses due to shipping.
§ 5 Shipping Conditions
- Orders are usually shipped within 7 working days, or the latest within 30 days of the order date. The delivery deadline is met if the goods leave the warehouse within this period. Perishable goods will be sent only on Mondays and Tuesdays, so that the goods do not unnecessarily sit at the Post Office over the weekend. Packages with delivery by EMS (express mail service by the Austrian Post Office for customers with a Austrian delivery address), leave our warehouse from Monday to Wednesday.
- The delivery is made to the address provided by the customer. In case of false, incomplete or unclear information from the customer, he/she will bear all arising costs.
- The pick up of the goods ordered, directly from warehouse (in 6863 Egg, Austria) is only possible by prior arrangement.
- Should one or more of the items not be available, or not sent due to a packing error when compiling the delivery, there will no subsequent delivery.
- After dispatch of the goods, VEGOURMET customers will receive a written communication by e-mail. If the products should not be delivered within three days, it is the responsibility of the customer to contact VEGOURMET as soon as possible, so we can trace the order.
§ 6 Payment Conditions
- Invoices are, unless otherwise agreed upon, due in full within 7 days of receiving an invoice.
- In the event of late payment, interest will be charged in the amount of 10% p. a. In case of late payment the customer is responsible for all costs connected to collection of such payment.
- VEGOURMET reserves the right, to request the invoice amount in advance, in which case the customer receives an email with the bank transfer information for VEGOURMET. The payment has to be made within seven days, otherwise we canceled the order.
§ 7 Guaranty and Refunds
- Occurring Defects are - without adverse legal consequences to the customer, who is the consumers within the meaning of the KSchG - to be made known to us upon receipt of order, or rather when such defect is discovered.
- In the case of a legitimately claimed defect, VEGOURMET will eliminate the defect, in particular by replacement the product. Should we not be able to replace the product, then the customer is entitled to a reduction in price. For customers, who are consumers within the meaning of the KSchG, the statutory warranty terms are valid.
- VEGOURMET will not, under any circumstances, be held liable for the correctness of information contained in publications.
- VEGOURMET is only liable for damages in the case of willful intent or gross negligence, with the exception of damages to persons. The replacement of consequential damage, as well as pure economic loss is excluded in the case of entrepreneurs. It is the responsibility of the injured party to prove the existence of slight or gross negligence, provided it is not a retail business.
§ 8 Retention of title
VEGOURMET retains ownership of the purchased goods until receipt of the complete purchase price.
§ 9 Data Privacy
- The employees of VEGOURMET are subject to the secrecy obligations of the data protection act.
§ 10 Place of Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
- Austrian substantive law, to the exclusion of UN purchase law, applies to this contract.
- For disputes, the local court at the domicile of VEGOURMET has exclusive jurisdiction. If the customer is consumer within the meaning of the KSchG, the jurisdiction of the court applies, in which the residence or place of employment of the customer is located.
- The place of performance is the registered office of VEGOURMET.
Contract-, order-, and business languages are German and English.
Our customer service is available from Monday to Friday via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.